Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Monday Models - Podcasting

Last night I was finally able to make one of the Monday Models classes at the ESC on podcasting. We covered the basics, what a podcast is, where you can subscribe to them, how they would be useful in the classroom, how to record using either sound recorder or Audacity.

I recently used Audacity to create an audio book of Slop Goes the Soup and it was a wonderful success. Students replaced the onomatopoeia with sound effects that I had downloaded from the web. It was a really cool project, and I hope to help other teachers record sound for other purposes (original student work, summaries, etc.)

I did realize that since the last time that I did a sweep of iTunes for Education podcasts (and found such treasures as Grammar Girl) there has been a glut of new contributers. I am especially excited to listen to some of technology-related ones, like a podcast I spotted all about ways to use SmartBoards. Awesome!

No comments: